Friday, June 25, 2010

(Keep On) Truckin' On Tite Street


....get me The Royal College of Heraldry....STAT

Many of you who read my blog know that I sell things online through eBay and Amazon. This past week, I finally had my first royal sale. I sold a cd of the Grateful Dead to a Marquis in London, and "yes," he's the real deal. I googled him.

I always knew there might come the day, when I would be selling a beanie baby to Brad Pitt, or a Hound Dog Taylor cd to Margaret Thatcher, but I never quite pictured a hereditary royal scanning for sales.

The cd was mailed off to his London home on Tite Street, an infamous street in Chelsea that previous housed, among others, Oscar Wilde and John Singer Sargent. I show Sargent's studio in a picture below. My Marquis bought his own home from a Rothschild in the 1990's.
He also inherited the family castle in the Northern part of England. I was telling Reya of http://thegoldpuppy.blogspot.com/ about this sale, and how I had a hard time reconciling this man listening to the Dead in his castle. She wrote back, with a *snap*, "Looks like the perfect place to crank up the Dead, if you ask me."


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous ma said...

I had a feeling that you ran with royalty, Madame Cube. I'm going to write something just for you this weekend.

I've been hiding away and writing fiction. :)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Oooh...fiction. You've gotten my interest. I'll be checking in on your blog. I would LOVE for you to write a piece. I was complaining to a friend tonight how long some of these pieces (like the Twain) take me...and I'm a fast writer/photographer/editor, etc. but FOUR hours...and I have to justify in my head..."Do I really have four hours just for that?" If I answered truthfully, the answer would be "no," but I've got to keep doing it. It's important to me. YET...I am already seeing what doesn't get done when I do write.

...and I don't run with royalty. Not when I'm standing in line at the Giant talking to the cashier about her nail lacquer. And Mr. Marquis isn't so hot. He's got an illegitimate daughter floating around. OH. You know what I read today? How many bastard children Prince Albert of Monaco has produced and he's....engaged, so he can produce some legit ones to carry on the primogeniture.

One thing about that system. A divorce, a frivolous second marriage? And what took centuries to build can come crashing down with some asset stripping bimbo.

And you didn't think I had an opinion. ;)

6:26 PM  
Blogger Ronda Laveen said...

Nice to read you around again, Cube. Interesting sale. I guess royalty would have lots of time to peruse the net for pleasure. I wonder if he has a Twitter page too.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Washington Cube said...

Ronda! It's good to see you. Yeah. The Marquis de Twees. Or as they say in Russia...Tweeters. (topical humor.)

Hard to picture him boogying down to Uncle John's Band or Casey Jones, sidestepping the anteeque's

12:57 AM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

I love it when you're writing, Ms. Cube.

The stuff you find, the things you know. All I can say is: wow.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

If I were born into wealth and royalty, I'd do nothing but get high everyday, too.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice digs for him to do his twit-walk while eating his beans on toast with his rabbit-y bad English teeth.

-- grince

10:32 AM  
Anonymous washingtoncube@aol.com said...

He's not bad looking, K. I think the British have gotten "somewhat" better about these teeth and food. Just yesterday, I was speculating if they still ate "jellied eels." Just what it sounds like. There used to be stands in England selling them. I doubt it's in demand anymore. I know flummery and baps still exis, and beans on toast is a staple in any "cafe."

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Add to Technorati Favorites